Friday, December 22, 2006

The Condition Of The World

Every year, just before Christmas, I get a visit from the local Je-hoo-vies Witnesses. Typically, I bite my tongue as the two elderly women dispatched to my door point to the childishly simplistic drawings adorning their literature and tell me how the world is supposed to be. I politely take their pamphlets and wish them well, knowing better than to invite them in.

But this year, well-there's a war on. I have no idea what their stance on Christmas is-nor do I really care. You see, we secular humanists lump all Christians together and make generalisations every single chance we get-facts be damned! Look, I don't make the rules, if you don't like it, complain to the ACLU or the Lawyer's Guild-the fine-print arm of the War On Christmas Army.

Anyway, withered old bag # 1 starts in with "Many people are concerned about the condition of the world..."

I quickly interrupted her,

"Well, I'm not-would you please leave?"


Happy Holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker